InformationNOW is the information website for people living and working in Newcastle. Helping you stay informed, make choices, plan ahead, be independent and have an excellent quality of life. You can find local information, organisations, events and activities.
Did you know you can:
- Subscribe to InfoNOW News our free e news
- Save your favourite pages and events when you’re a registered member
- Login to update your organisation’s details
InformationNOW is provided by Newcastle City Council Adult Social Care and Integrated Services.
This is a free service helping people to find the right information, at the right time. Our website is jointly funded by NHS North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care Board (NHS NENC ICB)
How to add and update your organisation’s details
Our goal is to give fair, accurate, factual and trusted information about organisations to help people make informed choices. In your listing:
- Everything should be written in plain English
- Explain what you do, who can access it and how
- Avoid writing aims, philosophies and mission statements.
- Avoid using phrases and colloquialisms as this will be difficult to translate in other languages
- Avoid advertising claims (for example best, biggest, number one), marketing language or jargon
We use simple language as much as possible to make sure information is clear, easy to read and inclusive to all. We follow best practice from GOV.UK when writing for this website.
British Sign Language (BSL) users
Get the most out of InformationNOW
Find out more about:
- Working with and supporting InformationNOW
- Sharing InformationNOW on Social Media
- How to tailor InformationNOW to your access needs
InformationNOW.org.uk was created in 2006 by The Quality of Life Partnership, with and for older people in Newcastle. In 2018 we broadened our information range to include adults of all ages who are resident, working and regular visitors to the City. It continues to grow from strength to strength with up to 65,000 visitors a month.
We provide local information. We are supported by Newcastle City Council and North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care Board
Every effort is made to gather and update information about services that are important to people living and working in Newcastle. If you think we’ve missed something, please let us know by completing the “leave a page comment” box at the bottom of each article or listing.
Last updated: November 17, 2023