Information Now

You searched for information on ‘legal’.

Where to get legal advice

Find out more about places where you can receive legal advice in Newcastle.

Separation and divorce

Information and advice on relationship counselling, separation and divorce.

Disability Rights

The Equality Act protects disabled people’s rights including employment, education, and access to services and facilities.


If you die without making a Will, known as ‘dying intestate’, it can become complicated for the people that you leave behind to carry out your wishes or know your intentions.


Setting up a trust means you give your money or property to someone else so you no longer own it. Some people use trusts to leave money to others when they die.

How to make a good complaint

If you are not happy with the service or goods that you have received you can make a complaint, or in some cases you may be able to return the goods and secure a refund.

Support for Asylum Seekers and Refugees

If you are seeking asylum in Newcastle there are a number of local services who can help with support and advice.

Managing someone else’s affairs

Plan ahead to manage your affairs.  There may be a point in your life where you are unable to manage your finances and need someone to do this for you. Or if you care for a family member or friend, you may need to step in to manage their finances and other affairs, if they are unable to do so themselves.

Making decisions and your mental capacity

Some people have difficulties making decisions. This could be due to a learning disability, dementia, a mental health problem, or a brain injury

Power of Attorney

Power of Attorney is a legal document, which authorises one or more people to handle your finances and health and welfare. You can set up a Power of Attorney for a limited time, or to deal with a specific situation.