InfoNOW News is a free fortnightly newsletter about what’s happening in Newcastle. Keep up to date with new developments, research and events that you can get involved in. Stay in touch. Subscribe today.
- Newcastle City Council Christmas opening times and service changes
- Home Safety Checks from Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue Service
- NICE urges collaborative working to prevent loneliness in older people
- Newcastle University Ageing Generations Education (NUAGE), Newcastle University shortlisted for award
- Flagship transformation of city centre street completed
- It’s even more important than a will – do you have a Power of Attorney?
- Park smart in Newcastle this Christmas
- Newcastle loan shark sentenced to prison
- The benefits of mindfulness meditation
- New Home Support Services from Age UK Newcastle
New research from Swansea University challenges the idea that older people are dangerous drivers. Analysis of data on vehicle accidents showed that drivers aged 70 are involved in 3-4 times fewer accidents.
Tree Top Village is in the heart of Central Walker and offers 75 one and two bedroom homes to rent in a brand new development on Walker Road.