Citizens Advice Newcastle (CAN)
Citizens Advice Newcastle (CAN) is a charity providing free, confidential and independent advice to people who live, work or study in the city. They give advice by phone, webchat, e-mail and face to face at daily drop in sessions no appointment needed on:
- money and debt
- benefits including new claims for Universal credit
- consumer issues
- housing and homelessness
- family disputes
- immigration and human rights
- health care
Help to Claim service:
- in person at City Library. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 3pm, and Thursday from 10am to 5pm (Drop in. No appointment needed)
- by phone on 0800 144 8 444 (from 8am to 6pm) This is a national phone number.
- by email HTC@newcastlecab.org.uk
They also campaign on big issues when their clients’ voices need to be heard. Citizens Advice Newcastle is a designated Safe Place for people with learning disabilities.