Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
From January 2021 they will continue to provide advice Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm by phone, e-mail and webchat:
Freephone Advice Line: 0808 278 7823
Universal Credit: 0800 144 8444
Scams: 0808 250 5050
Consumer: 0808 223 1133
General: 0300 3309055 email@example.com
Home energy advice: 0370 145 1450 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mesothelomia advice:07585 539 498
Citizens Advice Newcastle (CAN) is a charity providing free, confidential and independent advice to people who live, work or study in the city. They give advice by phone, webchat, email and face to face at daily drop in sessions. Daily drop-in sessions with no appointment needed. Advice includes:
- benefits including new claims for Universal credit
- consumer issues
- housing and homelessness
- family disputes
- immigration, citizenship and human rights
- health care
- Debt and Money Advice: from dealing with simple debts to bankruptcy, all advice is free and independent. Advice is available by phone and by e-mail. Contact: email@example.com
- Mesothelioma (cancer) welfare benefits advice service: help for anyone affected by mesothelioma including patients, carers and family in the North East. Advice is available by telephone and e-mail. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0191 229 2750; mobile: 0758 553 9498
- Help to Claim Universal Credit service: help with new claims and managing first payments. Tel: 0800 144 8444
- Home Energy Advice : problems with your energy supplier? Worried about fuel bills? Want to save money? Specialist energy advisors can help. Advice available by phone and e-mail.
Help to claim Universal Credit national helpline open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Helpline: 0808 278 7823
Freephone Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
Textphone: 0800 144 8 444 Universal Credit
Open for advice by phone, e-mail and webchat only Monday- Friday 10 - 3.
NO face-to-face advice sessions at City Library or outreaches until further notice.
4th Floor, City Library
Charles Avison Building
33 New Bridge Street West
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: January 13, 2021