Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Dementia Care provides specialist care, support and advice to people with dementia and their families, helping them live as normal a life as possible, for as long as possible. They also support people with neurological conditions such as: acquired brain injury, stroke, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease.
Dementia Matters offers;
- Dementia Advice Centre – a free service where you can access support, advice, and information. They work in partnership with other health, social and voluntary services to provide care
- Admiral Nurse – a free nursing service using a registered mental health nurse who work with families and carers of people with dementia. They aim to provide specialist practical advice and emotional and psychological support from diagnosis to post bereavement
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week support in people’s homes
- specialist dementia friendly day care centres in Newcastle and Cramlington
- a respite and residential unit for people with dementia in Brunswick Village
- training and advice on practical care
Last updated: February 27, 2020