Search provides activities and support for older people in the West of Newcastle. Search offers:
- groups, trips and activities
- welfare rights advice for older people, including benefits, housing and pensions
- Chain Reaction – one to one support to access social activities or to remain independent
- social prescribing (access through your GP)
- West End Befrienders – support for older people in the South Asian and Chinese communities
The Advice service is located in the Health Resource Centre (next to Asda) on Adelaide Terrace in Benwell.
Search is commissioned by Newcastle City Council to provide community services in the West of the City.