Streetwise Young People’s Project
Streetwise is a charity that works to help young people 11 to 25 years to access free information, advice, counselling, support, community activities and sexual health services. Their services are welcoming and respectful to young people. Their services include:
- Weekly information, advice and guidance drop-ins
- Face to face and online counselling and mental health services
- Relationship and sexual health clinics
- National C-card scheme (free condoms)
- EmpowHER – 6 week group for young women who have been affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Youth Work: including social action projects and volunteering opportunities.
- Young Volunteers
They also run drop in sessions at the New Croft Sexual Health Centre
Streetwise is a Wellbeing Hub. They’re a warm welcoming place to spend time in Newcastle. They offer a range of support such as hot drinks, free WIFI, place to charge your devices, information, advice and more. Visit Newcastle.gov.uk to see what’s available at this hub.
Streetwise is commissioned by Newcastle City Council to offer a sexual health and contraception service.