Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Walker Park café centre
During the coronavirus, working in partnership with Walker Parish Church, Hat Trick, Building Futures East and Streetwise who are helping with deliveries
- preparing and delivering frozen meals and healthy packed lunches to people who need school meals,are furloughed or redundant and struggling or shielding and based in Walker.
- deliveries Mon to Fri; collection from centre hatch on Sat and Sunday.
- Phone between 10 and 11 am on the day you need help or email at other times
Contact details below.
Walker Park has:
- bowling greens with a bowls pavilion
- multi use games area (football, tennis, basketball)
- a large play area, with separate area for younger children
- 2 football pitches
- a Cafe
- public toilets (accessible when cafe is open)
The café is in the centre and part of the YMCA.