Money Matters is Newcastle City Council’s specialist debt team that offers debt and money advice to vulnerable people who live in Newcastle upon Tyne.
During coronavirus Money Matters are working remotely and providing advice by telephone and post until further notice. Email or telephone.
Depending on your circumstances, Money Matters may be able to help you:
- increase your income and reduce your outgoings
- apply for grant payments if you are eligible for any schemes
- suspend eviction warrants and prevent you from being homeless or refer you to other agencies who can help you find alternative accommodation
- negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors or challenge your debts
- apply to write off your debts through bankruptcy or Debt Relief Order
- deal with court action and to fill out county court forms,
- and/or make referrals to other agencies for further help and support where appropriate