Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Who We are
The InformationNOW website (the Site) is operated by the Quality of Life Partnership.
- The Site is aimed at people aged over 50 who are living in Newcastle upon Tyne, their families, friends, carers and the people who work with and for older people. It provides clear, accurate and up to date information on a wide range of topics including welfare benefits, care, housing, leisure and health issues.
- We do not represent that the content available on or through our Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
About Our Terms
- You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
- By accessing or using the Site, You confirm that You accept the Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If You do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, You should stop using the Site immediately.
Certain words used have the meanings given below:
- ‘Site’ means this website.
- ‘Terms’ means these terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time under clause 11.
- ‘Content’ means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site.
- ‘Third Party Content’ means the material on the Site or accessed through the Site that is controlled by parties other than the Quality of Life Partnership.
- ‘Quality of Life Partnership’ means the Quality of Life Partnership, c/o Age UK Newcastle, MEA House, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8XS.
- ‘We’, ‘Our’ and ‘Us’ means the Quality of Life Partnership.
- ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
- ‘Disclaimer’ means the disclaimer on this Site which seeks to limit liability for loss suffered as a result of using this Site or any third party websites mentioned.
- The Site is free of charge and is for Your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You agree to use InformationNOW for lawful purposes. You must use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this Site by anyone else.
- We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If You have any difficulties using the Site, You can use the accessibility tools available at the top right of the Site and/or refer to this article which provides more details of how You can make the Site more accessible.
Our Intellectual Property
- Our Site and the intellectual property rights in the Content are owned by Us. We reserve all of Our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms.
- Nothing in these Terms grants You any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable You to access the Site. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
- The name, logo and certain words on the Site identify Us and are trade marks of the Quality of Life Partnership. The names and logos of third parties mentioned in the Site or in Third Party Content may be the trade marks, trade names or unregistered trade marks of those third parties and they are used with the permission of such organisations in the Content of this Site.
- You may view and save information from this Site for personal use only. Copying and reproducing any part of this Site is prohibited without Our written permission.
Do not rely on information on this Site
- We advise that, although the Quality of Life Partnership makes every effort to ensure that the Site is accurate and up-to-date, We make no promise, representations, warranties or guarantees that it will be. The Quality of Life Partnership makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information (and related graphics) published in this Site.
- Content is provided for Your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- We cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that You may place on the information on this Site is at Your own risk. You should not plan to do, or refrain from doing, something in reliance upon the Content without first checking the accuracy of the relevant Content by some other means.
- All liability of The Quality of Life Partnership for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to You caused by Our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Availability of the Site
- Making Your use of the Site enjoyable means We need to fix bugs, install updates and do general diagnosis and maintenance of the Site. We will try to do scheduled maintenance during times when We anticipate that online use is lower than normal.
- We also need to be able to do emergency maintenance and/or suspend access to the servers where, in our reasonable discretion, we see the need to do that. We will try to have the Site available again as soon as we think it is safe to do so.
- Although We make every effort to ensure the Site is free from bugs, We cannot promise that it will be.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as We see fit. While We try to make sure that the Site is available for Your use, We do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do We promise the uninterrupted use by You of this Site.
Third Party Content and reference to external websites
- InformationNOW contains hyperlinks and references to third party websites that are managed by other organisations, agencies and government departments. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for Your convenience only and should not be interpreted as approved by Us.
- We do not have any control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. We do not give any guarantees, conditions or warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any content on third party sites. We are not liable for any loss or damage that may come from Your use of these sites and are not responsible for the protection of any information You give to these websites. We always recommend that you check out a service or organisation before deciding whether you wish to take part, or purchase a service.
- The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that We endorse that third party’s website, products or services.
- Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- If You agree to purchase goods or services offered on third party sites, the resulting agreement will be entirely between You and the relevant third party. We shall not be involved in, or have any responsibility under, those agreements. In entering any agreement to which the Quality of Life Partnership is not a party, You accept that the Quality of Life Partnership has no liability whatsoever.
- You agree to release Us from any claims or disputes that may come from using these websites.
Rules about linking to Our Site
- You may link to any page on the Site provided You do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part.
- You must not establish a link to Our Site in any website that is not owned by You.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If Your organisation wishes to use the content from this Site We can make Our search facility available to You to use free of charge on Your website. This is available to organisations who are registered on InformationNOW within the Dashboard area. Please contact Us via Your InformationNOW dashboard for more information or email email@example.com.
Contributions to the Site
Any contribution to the Site must:
- be accurate
- Comply with applicable law in the UK
- Contributions must not:
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or duty of confidence
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Any breach of this will constitute a material breach of these Terms and We may take any action We reasonably deem appropriate in response to any breach. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Issue of a warning to You
- Withdrawal of Your right to use the Site
- Removal of any material uploaded by You to Our Site
- Legal proceedings against You for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity bases (including but not limited to reasonable legal costs) resulting from the breach.
We may make changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. It is Your responsibility to check these Terms every time You wish to use Our Site in case there are any changes. We can update the Terms at any time without notice. If You access and use the Site after We have varied the Terms, You shall be treated as having accepted the changes.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute You have which relates to these terms and conditions, or Your use of InformationNOW will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If You feel there is something missing from the Site or would like to tell Us about Your experience with the Site, please send Us Your feedback using the ‘Send us a comment’ option at the bottom of each page.