Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
From 14 May
- Jesmond library lobby will be open on Thursdays, Saturdays and Tuesdays from 3pm to 4pm. Social distancing will continue to be observed. Books will be quarantined for three days
- click and collect service now available. Contact the email below.
The Friends of Jesmond Library are a group of volunteers who have been running Jesmond Library for nearly seven years. They run a full programme of events and activities, many of which are suitable for older people. There are two services operating at present .
They are situated only 5 minutes walk from West Jesmond Metro Station, near the Acorn Road shopping centre.
Activities run at the library when fully open include:
- language classes
- English as a foreign language conversation group
- story and songs for under 5’s
- wellbeing for Life sessions
- creative writing
- art appreciation
- drama and play reading