The Friends of Jesmond Library run Jesmond Library’s services and it’s activities. They’ve turned the library into a community hub. You can sign up to their newsletter or call into the library. Opening hours have been reduced during the pandemic, but the library is now starting many of it’s previous activities again.
- a full public library service: with new books added regularly, an excellent Local History section and children’s area
- a new resource addressing long term health issues
- a Click and Collect book borrowing service
- public access computers
- a swap shop for Jigsaws
- a range of talks, both “live” and using Zoom
- events, groups and activities including a book group, philosophy, meditation, Spanish and German conversation
- Wellbeing for Life events for older people, currently using Zoom
- room hire
Jesmond Library is a designated Safe Place for people with learning disabilities and is an active member of the Jesmond Dementia Action Alliance.