Marie Curie provides a range of free care and support for people with terminal illnesses or affected by them:
- end of life care in your own home or in their Newcastle Hospice
Marie Curie nurses who generally provide 1:1 nursing care and support overnight in your home, usually for eight or nine hours. In some areas, they also offer care for a shorter period of time, during the evening or daytime, as well as care in a crisis
- Newcastle Hospice provides specialist inpatient care and support for family and carers
- an outpatient service for individual, group and virtual sessions for patients, family and carers
- Tyne and Wear Helper service – provided by trained volunteers who offer one-to-one support to people with a terminal/life limiting illness and their families. Volunteers are matched to individuals and families and provide company, companionship, emotional support and regular telephone support. To refer please email email@example.com or phone for more information. This service covers Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North Tyneside and South Tyneside
- a bereavement team to support people who may have experienced loss during the Covid 19 pandemic. You will get continuity of support for as long as you need it. See the self referral web address below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone.