Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
North East Drive Mobility is a service that helps people to retain or regain independence as drivers and passengers. North East Drive Mobility provides independent assessment and advice to people with a medical condition, or disability, which may affect their ability to drive, or use a vehicle as a passenger.
The North East Drive Mobility service offers:
- Assessment of driving ability: this takes place on our purpose-built driving track, as well as on the public highway.
- Advice on vehicle adaptations.
- Advice on getting in and out of a vehicle, and wheelchair stowage.
- Specialist driving tuition.
- Information and advice service, including advice on possible alternatives to using a car, for example, community transport services.
Mon - Fri 9am - 4.30pm
Centre for Neuro-rehabilitation and Neuro-psychiatry
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: December 4, 2019