Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) offers information, support and advice to people with sight loss, their friends, family and carers.
Their services also include:
- Their Sightline Directory is a free online directory. It contains contact information and a description of services for over 2,000 local and national organisations providing specialist services to blind and partially sighted people.
- grants for household items
- access to our National Library Service
- over 1,000 products and publications
- links to voluntary groups and social services that can support you and your family
- schools and a college which help blind, partially sighted, and children with multiple disabilities learn a range of skills
- residential care homes for older people with sight problems.
North East contact telephone
Helpline: 0303 123 9999
8.45am - 5.30pm
105 Judd Street
Last updated: July 16, 2019