Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
During the coronavirus
- The helpline (below) has extended its opening hours. It is now open on weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
- RNIB Connect Radio is available on Freeview 730 and online www.rnibconnectradio.org.uk
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) offers information, support and advice to people with sight loss, their friends, family and carers.
Their services also include:
- Their Sightline Directory is a free online directory. It contains contact information and a description of services for over 2,000 local and national organisations providing specialist services to blind and partially sighted people.
- grants for household items
- access to our National Library Service
- over 1,000 products and publications
- links to voluntary groups and social services that can support you and your family
- schools and a college which help blind, partially sighted, and children with multiple disabilities learn a range of skills
- residential care homes for older people with sight problems.
North East contact telephone
Helpline: 0303 123 9999
8.45am - 5.30pm
105 Judd Street
Last updated: May 18, 2020