Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
Royal Victoria Infirmary (RVI) Hospital Social Work Department
The Social Work Department at RVI Hospital can work with you to help prepare you for leaving hospital. For people who live in Newcastle, the social workers can:
- carry out assessments to see if you are eligible for care and support
- arrange care and support if you need it
- help you to get short term support to help you recover
- give you information and advice about options for your care if you are organising it yourself
- give you information about prevention services, like telecare
This team works for Newcastle City Council.
Fax: 0191 230 2866
Last updated: September 13, 2019