Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Newcastle’s Chronic Pain Management Service is run by a multi-professional team of experts in treating a wide range of long standing (chronic) pain-related problems. Their aim is to help people with persistent pain to reduce the level of pain they experience as well as helping them to accept and take control of their pain so they can live a fulfilling life again.
They offer a comprehensive range of services:
- Pain education classes
- Relaxation classes
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Specialist advice on the use of medications for treating pain
- Specialist Physiotherapy
- Specialist Psychology
- Multi professional pain management programme
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Injections
- Specialist Implants, such as spinal cord stimulators and spinal drug delivery systems