Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
During the coronavirus, they are supporting the Citylife line
- Support with Food Shopping (as an emergency response)
- Food Nation Friend Phone Calls as a service of befriending for those most in need of increasing their social connections
- Food Nation Doorstep Delivery – weekly pre-prepared meal delivery service for those not able to prepare fresh ingredients and in need of re-heatable healthy meals.
Food Nation is a Social Enterprise that is passionate about food, nutrition and health. We are a trusted and recognised provider of food and nutrition services to many schools, businesses and communities across Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Working closely with NHS North of Tyne, Food Nation delivers innovative services that tackle food and nutrition related issues.
Our services include:-
- a range of cooking skills training courses
- food growing education programmes for schools and community groups
- healthy eating initiatives for disadvantaged and vulnerable people
- monthly workshops and social lunches to support carers called Food Club for Carers
Food Nation is commissioned by Newcastle City Council for obesity, nutrition and physical activity services.
Last updated: April 6, 2020