During the coronavirus, they are supporting the Citylife line
- Support with Food Shopping (as an emergency response)
- Food Nation Friend Phone Calls as a service of befriending for those most in need of increasing their social connections
- Food Nation Doorstep Delivery – weekly pre-prepared meal delivery service for those not able to prepare fresh ingredients and in need of re-heatable healthy meals.
Food Nation is a Social Enterprise that is passionate about food, nutrition and health. We are a trusted and recognised provider of food and nutrition services to many schools, businesses and communities across Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Working closely with NHS North of Tyne, Food Nation delivers innovative services that tackle food and nutrition related issues.
Our services include:-
- a range of cooking skills training courses
- food growing education programmes for schools and community groups
- healthy eating initiatives for disadvantaged and vulnerable people
- monthly workshops and social lunches to support carers called Food Club for Carers
Food Nation is commissioned by Newcastle City Council for obesity, nutrition and physical activity services.