- operating as explained below.
- more volunteers are available at weekends and evenings
What is GoodGym?
GoodGym runners want a reason to run so as part of their runs, they stop off to help people aged 60+ with one-off household and garden tasks. The runners are DBS checked. These tasks are known as missions and can include:
- changing light-bulbs
- garden clearance/mowing the lawn
- putting together flat-pack furniture
- helping to move heavy items
You need to provide tools and equipment they might need.
They are enthusiastic volunteers, not DIY specialists or gardeners.
Charities that work with older people, the Council or NHS can request a mission here. The older person must have given consent for their details to be shared with GoodGym.
GoodGym is always looking for new runners/volunteers.