Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
From March Good Gym volunteers can:
- handle money to buy food or other essential items for vulnerable people
- make deliveries of food or other essential items for vulnerable people
- help people under the age of 60 if they’ve been affected by Covid-19
What is GoodGym?
GoodGym runners want a reason to run so as part of their runs, they stop off to help people aged 60+ with one-off household and garden tasks. The runners are DBS checked. These tasks are known as missions and can include:
- changing light-bulbs
- garden clearance/mowing the lawn
- putting together flat-pack furniture
- helping to move heavy items
You need to provide tools and equipment they might need.
They are enthusiastic volunteers, not DIY specialists or gardeners.
Charities that work with older people, the Council or NHS can request a mission here. The older person must have given consent for their details to be shared with GoodGym.
GoodGym is always looking for new runners/volunteers.
Last updated: March 23, 2020