Information Now

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman looks at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). It is a free service. Their job is to investigate complaints in a fair and independent way – they do not take sides.

If you have a problem with a council service or care home, you should first complain to the council or care provider. But if you are still not satisfied, they may be able to help.


Contact details

Main Telephone: 0300 061 0614

Lines open from 10am - 4pm, Mon-Fri



Cost: Free

PO Box 4771

52.4339 -1.49314

Find Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman on Google Maps

Last updated: November 27, 2019

Scroll to the top of the page