Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
During the coronavirus
Still available by phone and email but no fax. Byker branch open Monday to Friday, 10.00 am – 4.30 pm
Moneywise Credit Union Ltd is the credit union in Newcastle. Anyone who lives or works in Tyne and Wear can use the services online, in their shop in Byker which include:
- local collection points where you can pay money in
- savings accounts where you can save as little as £1 per week and any amount up to £35,000
- low cost loans if you save regularly with them you can apply for an affordable loan from £50 up to £15,000.
- ‘Own Comfort’ alternative to rent to buy schemes is an alternative to rent to buy schemes. You can buy affordable items for your home on their website with low weekly or monthly repayments. You don’t need to be an existing customer to get an Own Comfort loan.
- Budget Account where you can access credit while saving money regularly
- Credit Repair Loan to help repair your credit rating
Last updated: April 9, 2020