A free, confidential, NHS advice service for patients, their families and carers, of all ages, covering all NHS organisations and services in Newcastle and also North Tyneside and Northumberland (including, for the North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust, the whole North East region.
PALS staff are based across the area, including at the RVI hospital in Newcastle.
- liaise with services on behalf of patients/service users, their families and carers to find answers and solutions to any concerns they may be experiencing/have experienced using NHS services
- help when individuals aren’t sure who to talk to, or would prefer to talk to someone not involved with their care
- pass on comments, compliments and suggestions
- explain the complaints process for NHS services and, where appropriate, make referrals
- provide information about health and social care services including local and national support and advice services
Contact options below. You can also use FREEPOST PALS.
Freephone 9am to 4.30pm. Answer machine available
Textphone: 0781 5500 015
Last updated: November 21, 2019