Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Support Through Court
Support Through Court is a national charity with a local base in the Newcastle Combined Court. They provide a free, confidential, independent, and impartial support service to people going through the family and civil court process. This includes:
- unrepresented litigants and their friends and families
- inexperienced court users
- someone to talk to
- someone to attend court with you to take notes
- practical information
- help around the building
- somewhere to wait
They are unable to:
- help with legal advice or represent people in hearings, but they may be able to refer you to legal advice agencies.
- look after your children.
- tell you what form to fill in, but they can try to help you find out which one you need and write down what