Converge at Northumbria University
Converge at Northumbria offer FREE educational campus-based opportunities to those 18+ in the community who have/ or are experiencing challenges associated with mental health. Individuals are enrolled on to programmes and become Converge students and become a part of a supportive and inclusive environment here at Northumbria.
Courses are short and accessible and are delivered by Northumbria Undergrad and post grad students, alongside support from academic tutors and Converge staff.
The focus of Converge is on subject knowledge, not on mental health. Courses include Drama and Performance, Introduction to Fashion, Fashion publication, and introduction Creative print.
Principles of Converge
– Students and artists: To work together as artists and students
– A community of learners: To build a community where we learn from each other.
– An engaged university: To engage and enhance the university and wider community.
– Support: To provide a supportive and inclusive environment.
– Respect: respect others, value yourself.
And above all … be ordinary, be extraordinary, be yourself!
The Converge logo is a registered trademark of York St John University