Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Starting on 8 April they are offering:
Hot soup and sandwiches for £3 or a food voucher. Order before 10 am
Leave message on Facebook; phone 0191 226 0941 (you can leave message); e-mail email@example.com. Kids half-price with one adult meal; must be within 2 miles from Cornerstone on Armstrong Rd.
Cornerstone is a project set up by local churches in Benwell. Everyone is welcome. They offer a range of services including;
- emergency food parcels: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9.30am to 3.30pm
- informal food bank once a month on Thursdays 11am to 12pm
- Community Church with a free meal on first Sunday of the month
- flower arranging, bingo and knit and natter
- Pensioner’s Lunch Club on Wednesdays – booking essential
- a charity shop
- access to computers for job seekers and homework
- Welcome Club for people with learning disabilities
- activities for families and children
Cornerstone is a designated Safe Place for people with learning disabilities.
Last updated: April 6, 2020