Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
During the coronavirus
Shopping and delivery, telephone befriending, dog walking. Service offered in Ouseburn, Heaton, Jesmond, St Anne’s.
Caring Hands offer a range of services to older people and physically impaired people living mainly in East End of Newcastle upon Tyne including:
Better Daily Living Services:
- Bottle in the Fridge emergency contact scheme. All welcome
- Handyman: Garden and Home support for people in the East End
- Laundry Collection & Delivery: for people in the East End. There’s a cost for this service.
- Small Aids to buy to help you at home. All welcome.
- Befriending Addressing isolation for people in the East End
- Counselling by appointment reg. with BACP, All welcome
- Lunch Club: Meal and company in Shieldfield. All welcome
Advice & Advocacy Services:
- First Stop General Advice – General information and guidance, City wide
- Welfare Benefits Advice – Benefits checks, applications support, East End
Community Services available to general public:
- Library: a variety of donated books to borrow
- Moneywise Credit Union Collection Point
- Community Launderette Paid for service
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check: supporting application process. Paid for service
Many of these services are free of charge.
The Wellbeing Service is Supported by Newcastle City Council.
Fax: 0191 261 5251
Monday 10am to 3pm
Tuesday 10am to 3pm
Wednesday 10am to 3pm
Friday 10am to 3pm
Cost: There may be a cost to this service/support
34 Wretham Place
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: August 27, 2020