During the coronavirus
Shopping and delivery, telephone befriending, dog walking. Service offered in Ouseburn, Heaton, Jesmond, St Anne’s.
Caring Hands offer a range of services to older people and physically impaired people living mainly in East End of Newcastle upon Tyne including:
Better Daily Living Services:
- Bottle in the Fridge emergency contact scheme. All welcome
- Handyman: Garden and Home support for people in the East End
- Laundry Collection & Delivery: for people in the East End. There’s a cost for this service.
- Small Aids to buy to help you at home. All welcome.
- Dog walking
- Befriending Addressing isolation for people in the East End
- Counselling by appointment reg. with BACP, All welcome
- Lunch Club: Meal and company in Shieldfield. All welcome
- Telephone befriending
Advice & Advocacy Services:
- First Stop General Advice – General information and guidance, City wide
- Welfare Benefits Advice – Benefits checks, applications support, East End
Community Services available to general public:
- Library: a variety of donated books to borrow
- Moneywise Credit Union Collection Point
- Community Launderette Paid for service
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check: supporting application process. Paid for service
Many of these services are free of charge.
The Wellbeing Service is Supported by Newcastle City Council.