Caring Hands offer a range of services to older people and physically impaired people living mainly in East End of Newcastle upon Tyne including:
Better Daily Living Services:
- Bottle in the Fridge emergency contact scheme. All welcome
- Handyman: Garden and Home support for people in the East End
- Laundry Collection & Delivery: for people in the East End. There’s a cost for this service.
- Small Aids to buy to help you at home. All welcome.
- Befriending Addressing isolation for people in the East End
- Counselling by appointment reg. with BACP, All welcome
- Lunch Club: Meal and company in Shieldfield. All welcome
Advice & Advocacy Services:
- First Stop General Advice – General information and guidance, City wide
- Welfare Benefits Advice – Benefits checks, applications support, East End
Community Services available to general public:
- Library: a variety of donated books to borrow
- Moneywise Credit Union Collection Point
- Community Launderette Paid for service
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check: supporting application process. Paid for service
Many of these services are free of charge.
The Wellbeing Service is commissioned by Newcastle City Council.
Fax: 0191 261 5251
Monday 10am to 3pm
Tuesday 10am to 3pm
Wednesday 10am to 3pm
Friday 10am to 3pm
Cost: There may be a cost to this service/support
34 Wretham Place
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: October 2, 2019