Telephone and face to face befriending
Caring Hands offer a range of services for older people and physically impaired people, living mainly in East End of Newcastle upon Tyne including:
Better Daily Living Services:
- Handyman garden and home support for people in the East End
- Laundry Collection & Delivery for people in the East End. There’s a cost for this service.
- Small Aids free if accessed by referral from health professionals, or order and buy. They help you remain independent at home. Available to all.
- Personal befriending addressing isolation for people in the East End
- Counselling by appointment (with British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). Available to all.
- Lunch Club: meal and company in Shieldfield. All welcome (not in service at this time)
- Telephone befriending
Advice & Advocacy Services:
- First Stop General Advice general information, guidance and signposting for support services City wide
- Welfare Benefits Advice benefits checks and support with applications
Community Services available to general public:
- Library a variety of donated books to borrow
- Moneywise Credit Union Collection Point
- Community Launderette paid for service
Many of these services are free of charge, please contact them for further details.