Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Care and Repair Newcastle are a council service that helps you review your housing needs. They provide
- support to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant to pay for adaptations
- a free loan (non means tested) for a stair lift or ceiling hoist after you’ve had a needs assessment
- approved contractors to carry out adaptations
- guidance on moving home if it is not possible to make adaptations to your home
- manages the Minor Adaptations service
Last updated: October 6, 2020