Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Updated August 2020
- drop in service Monday and Wednesdays am and pm. Sessions offer support, advice and signposting for asylum seekers and refugees in the Newcastle area. The service has support workers in rooms with screens and a socially distanced waiting area. Clients can also opt to see a support worker in the garden area.
- telephone support is still available Monday to Friday between 10 am and 1 pm on main number 0191 273 7482 or contact on tel no below or using WhatsApp on 0782 622 1719 and 0782 611 7308
- hardship payments to clients in 4 week cycles at the front door of the building between 10 am and 12 noon Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and between 11 am and 12 noon on Wednesday.
- surgeries, clothing store and skills match suspended till further notice
- befriending – to make a referral email@example.com.
West End Refugee Service (WERS) supports asylum seekers and refugees in the West End of Newcastle. They offer:
- daily drop in multi lingual advice sessions
- home visits and outreach to those who find it difficult to attend
- befriending scheme with emotional support
- free clothing
- case work support
- hardship fund to help in emergencies
- welfare support and cash payments for destitute asylum seekers
- awareness raising, education and training programme
- Skills Match where you can find volunteering opportunities in Newcastle that match your skills, experiences and interests
Website 2: skillsmatch.info
Fax: 0191 256 7862
Drop in sessions:
Mondays 9.30am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
Tuesdays 9.30am to 1pm
Wednesdays 11am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
Thursdays 9.30am to 1pm
Fridays 9.30am to 1pm
St Philip's Vicarage
St Philip's Close
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: August 19, 2020