West End Women and Girls Centre provides support through group work where the members have the opportunity to meet, have fun, learn skills, look at issues relevant to their lives and generally build confidence in a safe and supportive environment.
Their services include:
- individual support offering advice/information
- referrals to relevant agencies
- Women’s groups – One Stop Shop, Knit and Natter, Women’s Gardening, Friday cookery
- Families groups
- Girls groups
- support to victims of domestic violence, honour based violence and forced marriage between ages 11-25
- Training courses
- Edible Elswick and West End Community Bakery. The bakery takes orders for one off or regular events, host event stalls, works with local food businesses and sells to the public
West End Women and Girls Centre is commissioned by Newcastle City Council for obesity, nutrition and physical activity services.