Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
From April 2020
- Scran4Fam delivery of soup each day. Ring tel number below.
- all face to face cancelled though telephone and email help available.
West End Women and Girls Centre supports women and girls to develop skills and confidence. Their services include:
- individual support
- information and advice
- referrals to relevant agencies
- women’s groups: One Stop Shop, Knit and Natter, Women’s Gardening, Friday cookery
- families groups
- girls groups
- support to victims 11 to 25 years old of domestic violence, honour based violence and forced marriage
- training courses
- Edible Elswick and West End Community Bakery. The bakery takes orders for one off or regular events, host event stalls, works with local food businesses and sells to the public
- drop in benefits advice from North East Law Centre during term time on Wednesdays 9am to 11am
West End Women and Girls Centre is commissioned by Newcastle City Council for obesity, nutrition and physical activity services.
Call this number for Edible Elswick and the Bakery as well.
Website 2: edibleelswick.co.uk
The Stephenson Building
173 Elswick Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: April 2, 2020