The Galafield Centre
Galafield Centre is a Community, Autism and a Children and Families Hub in Newcastle. Services available include:
- Health visiting and community midwifery
- Early Help Family Support: for families with children up to the age of 19 in need of additional support including anti-social behaviour, school attendance and emotional wellbeing.
- North East Autism Hub: for parents and carers of children under the age of 7, before, during and after receiving a diagnosis of autism. The hub offers: Introduction to autism workshops, one to one appointments, drop in sessions. Contact [email protected] to book a session.
- Citizens Advice Newcastle advice drop in session on Mondays 9am to 12pm
- Mental health support
- Children’s therapies, youth provision,
- Training opportunities, childcare and employability services
- Food bank open every Monday and Wednesday morning 9am to 12pm. For referral please telephone Newcastle West End Foodbank on 0191 2753019
- Sexual Health Service for free contraception and sexual health clinics 9am to 11am Monday to Friday
The Centre is run by Action for Children in partnership with other services, including voluntary sector organisations, schools, New Croft Sexual Health Service and Newcastle City Council to create a network of buildings in each locality. Northern Learning Trust supports people with education, training and employment skills from this centre.
This is part of Children & Families Newcastle Early Help at Newcastle City Council.