Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
From March 2020 Age UK Gateshead will be supporting their client group with:
- shopping delivery
- emergency respite sitting service
- prescription and pension collection
- daily or weekly welfare calls (depending on capacity)
- information and advice over the phone
- hot meals for £3 (or £5 with dessert)
- pet walking
- basic garden tidy
Emergency needs will be their focus for this period.
Age UK Gateshead have a number of services in Newcastle for people over 50 including:
- exercise classes and leisure activities
- information and advice service for older people, their carers, friends and family. This includes benefits advice, falls prevention, and will writing.
- living with and beyond cancer service for people diagnosed with cancer and their families
- veteran support
- befriending support
- a shop in Alley 4 in the Grainger Market where you can access all of their information and advice including support with benefit checks and claims, wills and power of attorney.
- volunteering opportunities
- a charity shop in Gateshead where you buy or donate items
9 - 3 pm Mon to Friday, 10 to 3 pm Sat and Sun
Fax: 0191 478 5307
Grainger Market Shop (closed at present)
Monday to Wednesday 9.30am to 3.30pm
Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm
House on the Hill
Last updated: April 30, 2020