Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
Search provides activities and support for older people in the West of Newcastle.
From March 2020
- their one to one Chain Reaction service that supports older people will continue
- their benefits and general advice for older people service will continue by telephone (see below). Mondays to Thursdays with 20-30 minute help sessions available straight away
- shopping, prescription collection, help with completing forms such as blue badge, housing
- newsletters with quiz and information
- telephone buddies
- lunch clubs and activities are cancelled till further notice.
Search provides activities and support for older people in the West of Newcastle. Search offers:
- groups, trips and activities
- welfare rights advice for older people, including benefits, housing and pensions
- Chain Reaction one to one support to access social activities or to remain independent
- social prescribing (access through your GP)
- West End Befrienders support for older people in the South Asian and Chinese communities
- support within the Dementia Advice Centre service
The Advice service is located in the Health Resource Centre (next to Asda) on Adelaide Terrace in Benwell.
Search is commissioned by Newcastle City Council to provide community services in the West of the City.
Office times: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (not open on Bank Holidays)
Advice and information drop in sessions: Monday to Thursday 09.30 am to 12.30 pm
St Margaret's Church
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: November 23, 2020