Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
St Anthony of Padua Community Association provides home and day care services for older people and people with disabilities. They provide a choice of services to help people to be more independent.
Home Care Service includes:
- domestic services; laundry, preparation of meals, shopping, housework
- support to attend social activities and appointments
- carer support; a sit in service where carers can take a break from looking after a family member
- advocacy and signposting
- telephone support service, such as. medication prompts
- personal care; assistance with showering/bathing/dressing/medication
Day Care Service includes:
- therapeutic activities such as hairdressing, aromatherapy and nail treatments
- variety of activities planned by the people who attend the centre, including bingo, crafts, games etc.
- personal care including bathing
- armchair exercises
- outings and day trips
- men’s group
- toast/tea and a homemade lunch is provided
- transport to safely collect and drop off at the beginning and end of each day
St Anthony of Padua is commissioned by Newcastle City Council.
Cost: There may be a cost to this service/support
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Last updated: October 2, 2019