Incapacity Benefit has been replaced by Employment Support Allowance.
If you currently claim Incapacity benefit you will be invited to apply for Employment and Support Allowance.
Please note that Universal Credit has replaced income related ESA
More details about Incapacity Benefit
Your benefit(s) may be limited by the ‘benefit cap’. For more details see the welfare benefits article.
Where to get benefits advice
You can get benefits advice from a local independent service. They can help guide you through the application process and explain how some benefits may impact upon another:
- Citizens Advice Newcastle give advice to anyone in Newcastle
- Newcastle Welfare Rights Service give advice to people in priority groups including those over 65. They have self help material on their website.
- Search Newcastle give benefits advice to older people in the West of Newcastle
- Find more about benefit advice services available across Newcastle.
- Jobcentre Plus can help you to find a job, get back in to work, or set up your own business. You can contact them to make a new benefit claim or ask questions about your benefits
Last updated: October 8, 2020