Newcastle Welfare Rights Service give telephone benefits advice to people in Newcastle:
- over 65 years
- with mental health problems or learning difficulties
- who have a social care package
- children with disabilities and their carer
- carers and care leavers
- with a critical illness or a registered sensory impairment
- who have been offered a job and require a “better off calculation”
They offer telephone advice for people who live in West Newcastle in Arthurs Hill, Blakelaw, Elswick, Kenton, West Fenham, and Wingrove. See page 15 of their Where to get benefits advice in Newcastle leaflet for days, times and telephone numbers.
They plan to return to face to face advice when able.