Information Now

Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service give telephone benefits advice to people in Newcastle:

  • over 65 years
  • with mental health problems or learning difficulties
  • who have a social care package
  • children with disabilities and their carer
  • carers and care leavers
  • with a critical illness or a registered sensory impairment
  • who have been offered a job and require a “better off calculation”

They offer drop in sessions in west Newcastle for Arthurs Hill, Blakelaw, Elswick, Kenton, West Fenham, and Wingrove residents only on:


Contact details

Telephone: 0191 277 2627

Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12pm

Telephone 2: 0191 277 2633

Professionals only line Monday to Friday 10am to 12pm


Cost: Free

Last updated: April 1, 2021

Related activities

    No related events.