Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
City Library is reopening from Monday 12 April 2021.
Their Library facilities include:
- extensive lending collection of fiction, non fiction and graphic novels.
- large historical collections of books, periodicals and maps
- meeting rooms
- exhibitions and displays of art
- viewing platform
- business & IP Centre Newcastle (Level 3) – intellectual property information and expert advice on a wide range of topics for entrepreneurs and inventors.
- customer services* (Level 1)
- Citizens Advice Newcastle (Level 4) – providing a free service which is confidential and open to anyone who lives or works in Newcastle.
- Connexions (Level 2)- careers information, advice and guidance for young people aged 13-19 (and up to age 25 for young people with special needs).
- Skills Hubs (Level 2) – a one-stop shop for support with training, careers and job advice.
- Your Homes Newcastle Housing Options Centre (Level 1) – if you are looking for a home you can register and search for properties online with staff on hand to help with any queries.
A number of Newcastle City Council services can be completed online including: join the library or renew your card; create an account and make payments for a number of reasons, eg penalties, benefits, waste collection.
The site/staff are autism friendly. Follow the AccessAble link to check accessibility of the site:
Follow the Eventbrite link below to book a course/training activity.
This is a designated Safe Place for people with learning disabilities.