Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
From March 2020 Refugee move on team:
- positive decision: phone call or calling card through the door
- documents by email
- no face to face meetings
see details below re EUSS
YHN provide affordable social housing and support services for people in Newcastle including:
- local housing offices for face to face support
- budget and debt support
- Ostara telecare service (community care alarm)
- affordable furniture service
- sheltered housing
- anti social behaviour support
- computer and internet training
- Support and Progression Team help new and current tenants prepare, set up and manage their tenancy. This includes benefit and debt support. Support available in every housing office.
- Pathways Team support vulnerable people into independent living, helping prevent homelessness
- Refugee Move On Team help people granted leave to stay in the UK who have to leave their asylum accommodation to find housing. They also help with applying for benefits, education, training and employment opportunities.
- Young Person’s Support and Progression Team help 16/17 year olds and vulnerable young people to prepare, set up and manage a tenancy. They support 16/17 year olds at risk of homelessness based at the Housing Advice Centre.
YHN manage council homes on behalf of Newcastle City Council and social housing provider Leazes Homes.
Last updated: July 17, 2020