Your Homes Newcastle (YHN)
YHN provide affordable social housing and support services for people in Newcastle including:
- local housing offices for face to face support
- budget and debt support
- Ostara telecare service (community care alarm)
- affordable furniture service
- sheltered housing
- anti social behaviour support
- computer and internet training
- Support and Progression Team help new and current tenants prepare, set up and manage their tenancy. This includes benefit and debt support. Support available in every housing office.
- Pathways Team support vulnerable people into independent living, helping prevent homelessness
- Refugee Move On Team help people granted leave to stay in the UK who have to leave their asylum accommodation. This includes applying for benefits.
- Young Person’s Support and Progression Team help 16/17 year olds and vulnerable young people to prepare, set up and manage a tenancy. They support 16/17 year olds at risk of homelessness based at the Housing Advice Centre.
YHN manage council homes on behalf of Newcastle City Council and social housing provider Leazes Homes.