Newcastle Treatment and Recovery Service (NTaR) is a dedicated integrated community drug and alcohol service between CNTW NHS Foundation Trust, Humankind and Changing Lives. It is for anyone in Newcastle experiencing problems with or affected by drugs and alcohol. You can self-refer to this service.
This service is for people who:
- worry about their drinking or drug use
- feel their drinking or drug use is out of control
- experience medical or mental health problems because of their drinking or drug use
- think their drinking or drug use could be having negative effects on their family and friends
- help to young people and adults
- harm reduction; safer injecting support and needle exchanges
- medical support, including prescription of substitute medications and supporting detoxification programmes
- a dedicated Recovery Coordinator to motivate and support you
- recovery support; ongoing services to help with your next steps into employment, housing and health
- support, however long your recovery journey takes
They have a number of sites across the City and sites for needle exchange (see below for opening hours).
This service is commissioned by Newcastle City Council.