Advocacy Centre North
Health and Care advocacy supports adults in Newcastle and Gateshead who need support with health and social care issues. They help people to speak up for yourself, find out about your rights, make decisions and choices or get services or support who belong to following groups:
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community
- mental health needs
- learning disabilities
- physical disabilities
- over 55 years old
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and/or Transgender
- Families through Crisis advocacy supports families in crisis in Newcastle.
- Hate Crime advocacy supports people in Newcastle, Northumberland or Tyne and Wear who have experienced or are at risk of hate crime
- Welfare Advocacy supports adults in Newcastle and Gateshead who are in crisis with poverty and benefits, helping them develop skills to navigate the system. The availability of this service depends on funding
- statutory services for people in Gateshead
They won the Outstanding Advocacy Service award at the 2018 National Advocacy Awards.