Disability North provides information and advice for people who are struggling with any sort of physical activity, their families and carers. They can offer independent living support and advice on:
- aids and equipment
- employing care staff or a Personal Assistant
- managing your personal budget or direct payments
- disability related benefit advice, help with appeals and representation at tribunals
- advice and support upon leaving hospital
- radar key for accessible toilets
They have a demonstration area to show you: accessible ranges and items for kitchen, bathroom and shower, stairlifts, walkers, risers, wheelchairs and shoes.