Information Now

Benefits All appeals organisations

All appeals organisations

Byker Community Trust is a Housing Association. They support their tenants with:

  • benefits advice, including Universal Credit and tax credits
  • events
  • access to employment support and training


Our reception is now accessible by appointments only – for housing related enquiries. Tenants can request telephone appointment / advice for any welfare benefit and housing related issues. Tenants can phone our customer service or send us an email.

Citizens Advice Newcastle (CAN) is a charity that helps people with legal, money and other problems. They give free, independent and confidential advice.

Civil Legal Advice offers specialist advice to those on a lower income or benefits.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. The department administers the State Pension and a range of working age, disability and ill health benefits.

Money Advice Service provide free, unbiased independent money and benefits advice.

give benefits advice and support to people in Newcastle in certain priority groups

North of England Refugee Service (NERS) support asylum seekers, refugees and people refused asylum

The Simple Payment Card allows you to collect your payments in cash at any PayPoint outlet that displays the Simple Payment sign.

Turn2Us helps people in financial need.