Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
From March 2020:
- The Carers Information line is available Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Their building on Shields Road and drop-ins in Gosforth, Lemington and Benwell are closed until further notice. Staff will be working from home but available to support you by telephone
- If you are a professional and want to make a referral please email email@example.com, or phone but do not use fax.
Do you look after someone who is ill, disabled, has mental health problems or is misusing drugs or alcohol? If they could not manage without your help, and you are not employed to do this, then you are a carer. You might be looking after someone close to you who needs help and support on a regular basis. Anyone can be a carer, at any time of their life.
Newcastle Carers support adults, children and young people who care for someone living in Newcastle upon Tyne. Their service is free, confidential and non-judgmental, helping you to find ways to make your situation easier. This includes:
- one-to-one information and support, groups and training, for adult and young adult carers
- individual and group support for young carers, and advice for their family
- information, advice and guidance – Carers Information Line (telephone), Information Hub (website), drop in information and advice sessions
- carer cafes and support groups
- Listening Link – telephone support service for carers in Newcastle
- complementary therapy service
- support for young carers – individual and group support for young carers (aged 5-18), as well as advice for their family
- support for young adult carers – information and support for those aged 18-25
- events and activities
- Carers Wellbeing Fund
Newcastle Carers is a designated Safe Place for people with learning disabilities.
Newcastle Carers is a local, independent charity who work with the Council to support adults, children and young people caring for someone living in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Carers Information Line
Helpline: 0191 275 5060
Fax: 0191 265 1191
Newcastle Carers Centre (Shields Road, Byker) open Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
They also have drop ins and cafes across the city.
135-139 Shields Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last updated: November 23, 2020