Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates. Visit the dedicated coronavirus webpage for Newcastle City Council.
- To help carers and families remain safe during the COVID-19 pandemic their building on Shields Road and drop-ins across the city are closed until further notice.
- To talk to someone about your caring role, or for information or advice, please call their Carers Information line on 0191 275 5060, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- If you are a professional and want to make a referral, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 0191 275 5060. Please do not fax.
Newcastle Carers is an independent charity supporting adults, children and young people who care for someone living in Newcastle upon Tyne. Their service is free, confidential and non-judgemental, helping carers to find ways to make their situation easier. The provide:
- information, advice and support for young adults and adults
- support groups
- grants through the Carers Wellbeing Fund
- events and activities
- help to return to work
- training for Carers
Newcastle Carers is a designated Safe Place for people with learning disabilities.