Please note: owing to the position on Covid 19 and the Coronavirus, some organisations and venues will be closed, some will deliver their services differently. You can find the organisation website address on InformationNOW and visit their site for updates.
From 1st April 2020
- no face to face activity
- please look at the Free and cheap food pages of InformationNOW for pay as you feel supermarket and Magic Hat Cafe information.
Byker Community Centre offers activities for people of all ages, including:
- social groups, fitness and events on every day of the week
- free drop in legal advice sessions with solicitors on Thursdays
- Pay as you feel Supermarket where you can buy food for a small donation that would have otherwise been thrown away by shops Thursdays 4 pm to 8 pm, Fridays 9.30am to 4 pm and Saturdays 10am to 1pm
- Culture Cafe sharing food, language, art and meeting people. Mondays 12pm to 2pm
- Magic Hat Cafe where you eat a meal on Friday early evenings. Donations welcome.
Last updated: April 1, 2020